The Supervisor-Trainee Relationship - Annotated Bibliography
Author(s): Caroline Whitbeck
- Olmstead, Marjorie A. (1993)
- "Mentoring new faculty: Advice to department chairs." CSWP Gazette (A Newsletter of the Committee on the Status of Women in Physics of The American Physical Society) 13 (1): 1, 8-11.
- Swazey, Judith P. and Anderson, Melissa S. (1996)
- "Mentors, Advisors, and Role Models in Graduate and Professional Education." Association of Academic Health Centers, Washington, D.C.
- Rose, Mary & Fischer, Karla. (1995)
- "Policies and Perspectives on Authorship." Science and Engineering Ethics 1(4): 361. This paper discusses joint authorship involving faculty and students, and the power imbalances that complicate authorship and describes a study of how graduate students think about authorship and its relationship to stated policies about authorship.
- King, Margaret
- The Mentoring of Graduate Students, Research Ethics Mini Module 3. , Research Ethics Mini Module 3. Themes of justice, fairness, and rights are explored in the context of mentoring.This is a PDF document.
From Research Ethics Module Supporting Pages
Cite this page:
"The Supervisor-Trainee Relationship - Annotated Bibliography"
Online Ethics Center for Engineering
National Academy of Engineering
Accessed: Friday, December 06, 2013