Increasing Trust in Artificial Intelligence: Approaches and Limitations
This webinar was originally held on September 22, 2021 by the Center for the Study of Ethics in the Professions, Illinois Institute of Technology.
While artificial intelligence (AI) technology has been transforming our lives and offering valuable applications in a broad spectrum of domains such as business, medicine, and communication, it is difficult, if not impossible, to understand the decision-making processes of this complex technology. To increase trust in AI, criteria like transparency, explainability, privacy, fairness, and accountability have been suggested. The webinar explored questions related to trust in AI technology including:
- How much trust to put in machines?
- How can more insight into the decision-making processes be gained?
- What are ways to evaluate and monitor technology?
- How can adequate assessments and regulations be developed?
- Is trust the right concept at all when interacting with AI?