For Engineering and Science
Inez Austin and Hanford Site Links
A collection of links pertaining to Inez Austin and Hanford.
- Government Accountability Project (GAP)
- The GAP represented Inez Austin in the aftermath of her first whistleblowing incident. "The Government Accountability Project's mission is to protect the public interest by promoting government and corporate accountability through advancing occupational free speech and ethical conduct, defending whistleblowers, and empowering citizen activists. GAP is the nation's leading whistleblower organization." Contains extensive links.
- 12/5/90 Seattle Post-Intelligencer article
- "Controversy Is Settled at Hanford. Reprimand, Evaluation of Whistle-Blower Lifted."
- 12/5/90 Tri-City Herald article
- "Hanford Whistleblower Settles: Harassment Claim Spurs Review of Tank Reports."
- 8/1/91 New York Times article
- "Inquiry Finds Illegal Surveillance of Workers in Nuclear Plants."
- AAAS Scientific Freedom and Responsibility Award
- Inez Austin received the Freedom and Responsibility Award from the American Association for the Advancement of Science in 1992. This page presents information about the award and past winners.
- Tri-party Agreement
- "The U. S. Department of Energy, which operates the Hanford Site in South Central Washington State, the U. S. Environmental Protection Agency, and the State of Washington Department of Ecology signed a comprehensive cleanup and compliance agreement on May 15, 1989."
- The Department of Energy's Official Hanford Site
- This government site includes history, progress reports, and other news and information about the clean-up operations at Hanford.
- Environmental Protection Agency Hanford Site
- This site includes news, pictures, and environmental reports pertaining to the EPA's role in the Hanford clean-up operations.
- Hanford Watch
- "Since 1992, Hanford Watch has been active in bringing insight and concerted action to bear on the U.S. Department of Energy's mismanagement of the Hanford area. The Bush Administration is wreaking havoc on environmental progress that has been hard-fought and won over the past three decades." Contains extensive links and information.
- Heart of American Northwest
- Heart of America Northwest is a regional non-profit public interest organization. We are the leading grassroots organization working on the clean-up of the Hanford Nuclear Reservation, transportation of nuclear waste to the Northwest, and other hazardous waste issues."