Unit 2 - Genomics and Synthetic Biology/Microorganisms/Biofuels
This is the second unit in an extensive Course on Genomics, Ethics and Society. This unit (2) deals specifically with ethical issues raised by genomics in the context of synthetic biology and microorganisms. Units 1-7 each last approximately 2 weeks, and Unit 8 contains the final case study.
Table of Contents
- Unit Navigation and Essential Question
- Selected Issues in Depth - Genomics and Synthetic Biology/Microorganisms/Biofuels
- Undergrad Student Discussion - Synthetic Biology
- Graduate Student Discussion - Synthetic Biology
- Case Analysis and Instructions
- Case - Artemisinin
- Recommended Readings and Online Resources
Authors: Clare Palmer, Penny Riggs, T.J.Kasperbauer, Jeremy Johnson at Texas A&M University, College Station and Lauren Cifuentes, Seung Won Park and Jaime McQueen at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.