Unit 1 - Introductory Materials: Genetics, Ethics, & Policy
This is the first unit in an extensive Course on Genomics, Ethics and, Society. This first unit (1) provides an introduction to genomic science, ethics, and policy. Units 1-7 each last approximately 2 weeks, and Unit 8 contains the final case study.
Table of Contents
- Introduction to Genomics, Ethics, and Society for Students
- Unit Navigation and Essential Questions
- Selected Issues in Depth - Genetics, Ethics & Policy
- Introduction to Case Studies in This Course
- Practice Case Study: Assisted Migration of Rust-Resistant Whitebark Pine
- Sample Case Analysis
- Sample Case Response
- Additional Resources
Authors: Clare Palmer, Penny Riggs, T.J.Kasperbauer, Jeremy Johnson at Texas A&M University, College Station and Lauren Cifuentes, Seung Won Park and Jaime McQueen at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.