Unit 4 - Genomics and Domesticated Animals
This is the fourth unit in an extensive Course on Genomics, Ethics and, Society. This unit (4) deals specifically with ethical issues raised by genomics in the context of genetic modification of domestic animals. Units 1-7 each last approximately 2 weeks, and Unit 8 contains the final case study.
Table of Contents
- Unit Navigation and Essential Question
- Selected Issues in Depth - Genomics and Domesticated Animals
- Undergraduate Student Discussion - Genomics and Domesticated Animals
- Graduate Student Discussion - Genomics and Domesticated Animals
- Case Analysis and Instructions
- Case - AquAdvantage Salmon
- Recommended Readings and Online Resources
Authors: Clare Palmer, Penny Riggs, T.J.Kasperbauer, Jeremy Johnson at Texas A&M University, College Station and Lauren Cifuentes, Seung Won Park and Jaime McQueen at Texas A&M University - Corpus Christi.